Monday, January 28, 2008

ENGLISH SERVICE LITURGY AT HOLY WORD CHRISTIAN CHURCH SURAKARTA: A SAMPLE (2)

1. Gathering

· Gathering song (-): We are One in the Bond of Love.

· Votum and greeting (+)

Leader: O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you.
People: My Soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you

in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Leader: I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power

and your glory.
People: Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live and in your name I will lift

up my hands.

Leader: Then let us look to the Lord and be glad!

· Adoration (+)

Adoration song: Holy, Holy, Holy.

· Confession and forgiveness (+)

Singers: Kyrie, Kyrie, eleison (Lord have mercy on me)

Leader and People: Almighty and most merciful Father,
we have erred and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep,
we have followed too much the devices and desires of our
own hearts.

Singers: Kyrie, Kyrie, eleison (Lord, have mercy on me)

Leader and People: Almighty and most merciful Father,

we have offended against thy holy laws,

we have left undone those things which we ought to have done,

and we have done those things which we ought not to have done.

Leader and People: Kyrie, Kyrie, eleison (Lord, have mercy on me)

· Peace and greeting (+)

Assurance of forgiveness:

Leader: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. Amen.

Peace song: For the Lord is Good.

Greeting: Peace be with you! (congregation)

· Announcement (-)

2. Word

· Word preparation (-): You are the Strength of My Life.

· Sermon (-)

After reading the Scripture, the singers (and congregation) sing: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path (2x).

· The Apostle’s Creed (+)

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen

· Intercessory prayer (+)

Enclosing the prayer, the congregation pray the Lord’s Prayer:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.

Your kingdom come, your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.

Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from the evil one.

For your is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

Amen.

3. Thanksgiving

· Offering

Offering song (-): Count Your Blessing.

Offering prayer (+): Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow

4. Dismissal

· Dismissal song (+): Shepherd of My Soul.

· Benediction (+)

Pastor: Let us go forth in the name of Christ

Congregation: Thanks be to God! Alleluia!

Pastor: Receive God’s blessing.

· Silent time (-)

Notes:

(-) : Sit

(+): Stand

No comments: